If you are wondering about what detoxing can do for you, you’re not alone.
Do not fall for fads or pills for detoxing though; your better choice is to detox the wholistic natural way.
The basics of detoxing
Every day our bodies are bombarded with toxins from the air we breathe, the water we use to drink, bathe, and clean with, cleaning products, cosmetics, and even the food we eat. If you are stressed, that ratchets up the toxin levels. All these toxins that build up can wreak havoc on the body.
If your body has toxin build-up you may be experiencing widespread inflammation or you may be easily catching every bug that is going around. Inflammation contributes too many long term problems within the body from joint pain, muscle pain, fatigue, and more.
Did you know that toxin overload can stall weight loss?
So how do you reboot your system with a wholistic natural detoxing?
The basics are:
- Avoid all refined carbohydrates including white flour and sugar.
- Avoid processed foods that contain chemical preservatives and flavorings.
- Drink 1 to 2 quarts of good water a day.
- Eat plenty of fresh ripe fruits and vegetables this includes raw ones each day.
- Reduce tea, coffee, dairy products, and alcohol intake.
- Eat proteins such as white fish or white meats with each meal.
- Sleep eight hours a night.
- Practice gentle exercise such as yoga and/or meditation each day to reduce the effects stress causes on the body.
Benefits of a wholistic natural detox
There are benefits to detoxing the wholistic natural way.
Let’s look at some of those benefits:
- More energy – when you remove pollutants and waste from the body and eat detoxifying nutrients you will feel revitalized, lighter, and more energy. This may be from less inflammation, improved digestion, and sufficient hydration.
- Weight loss – you may find that you lose weight first from the removal of the toxin and waste from the body and then from the energy boost you have. Due to more energy, you may find that you are more active which can contribute to weight loss. Eating a well-balanced diet that is high in anti-oxidants, good protein, fats, and carbs can help you lose weight. It will make you feel fuller longer which will reduce the amount you eat.
- Feeling less stressed since your body is clean of toxins and waste through good food and exercise. You will become more balanced. Being balanced spiritually, physically, and mentally allows you to handle stress better. Exercise also helps alleviate stress.
- Your digestive system will be happier as your liver will be able to function better without all the toxins. You will notice that you have less gas and bloating when your liver is not full of toxins. Eating a healthy diet helps aid your liver (and other organs) to stay healthy and remove the toxins from the body as it should.
The best food choices for wholistic natural detoxification
What are the best food choices for a wholistic natural detoxification?
The following foods are ones that work best for a wholistic natural detoxification:
- Natural fats and oils – natural fats and oils such as extra virgin olive oil or organic coconut oil will provide energy for the detoxification and bioconversion activities.
- Nuts and Seeds – nuts such as almonds, sunflower seeds, walnuts, and flax seeds provide protein and omega-three fatty acids which the body needs.
- Protein – is critical for the proper performance of the two major detoxification passageways inside the liver cells. Protein also helps repair and build muscles.
- Legumes – beans lentils, and other legumes offer a source of soluble and insoluble fiber and a range of amino acids forerunners.
- Fruits – fresh fruits bring fiber and antioxidants as well as being high in water content.
- Vegetables – both raw and steamed vegetables contribute fiber and a wide variety of phytochemicals.
All these will provide you the benefits of a wholistic natural detoxification.
Make sure that you follow a healthy diet, exercise, and get eight hours of sleep a night.
Exercise will help sweat toxins from your system while helping you lose weight. A healthy diet helps avoid toxins from entering your body and eight hours of sleep each night provides the body time to repair itself.